This table top was broken into many pieces. It was glued back together, and all missing areas were replaced to match.
So many globes have come and gone, that I can't make a post for each. Here are some details of what I have restored.
The paint on this clock was starting to separate, and powder. We secured it with a thin glue and light clamping. We did touch-ups where necessary, while retaining the natural aging.
This Madonna needed cleaning, and structural repairs. The splits and chips were filled, then in-painted, and gilded.
This guy had been given a coat of white spray-paint, and some gold paint highlights, so he needed to be brought back down to his original, very vivid colors. This could only be achieved by picking with a scalpel, because anything stronger would have removed both the new and the original paint.
This rare pair of lion-dogs were restored at least four previous times. They were received covered with a new layer of gilding, that was itself, quite unstable. After poking around, we discovered, what would be the remains of the original ground, with fragments of the original paint, and took it down to that level. They had very few carving loses, which we replaced, and while doing so, discovered the date inscription on the inside of one of the loose pieces of wood.
Custom fabricated. Teak and faux bone inlay, made by hand from polymer clay, and teak inlay.
Restoration to several different Japanese paper screens. Tears, scratches, and dents.
This French 18th century painting arrived in a roll, and a large percentage of it's 9 X 10 foot surface had turned to powder at the bottom of the tube. The backing was also decomposing, so it needed to be re-backed, stabilized, and in-painted. We decided to temporarily mount it on a folding frame, so that it could be more easily moved and set back up. This certainly is the biggest painting I have worked on to date.
I always enjoy being asked to do custom finishes on shades.
My client chose to take a plain carved wood frame, and put a burnished gesso finish on it, to accentuate the carving, and make it more unusual.
This statue needed some general cleaning, and a few stains removed. It was sealed to prevent further damage.
This leather screen had some tears in the front and the back, and the edging was peeling. All damage was patched and retouched.